Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Finding Strength and Comfort through Essential Oils

The essential oils I used most with him were frankincense, Valor®, Peace & Calming®, lavender, PanAway®, peppermint and Deep Relief™ Roll-On. I chose these oils for their relieving and calming properties. I would apply them to his feet, anywhere he was uncomfortable, and on his pillowcase so he could easily inhale them while he rested in bed. I can honestly say that every time I put the oils on him, he either told me or showed me that he got a little and sometimes a lot of relief from what he was feeling. He would also become less fidgety and feel calmer and more relaxed.

A few hours before my dad passed, the Hospice home caregiver and I gave him a sponge bath with warm water infused with Peace & Calming. Afterwards I anointed his whole body with frankincense. I believe these essential oils helped me remain calm and strong throughout this difficult process.

To read the full story, click here!

No comments:

Post a Comment